Email us here with any enquiries, concerns, or to contribute. Run by the community for the community we want your involvement.
Paekakariki 88.2FM is a non-profit volunteer run radio station , run alongside web platform www.paekakariki.nz under the auspices of Paekakariki Informed Community, former publisher of community newspaper Paekakariki Xpressed.
Our grateful thanks to our radio sponsors: Groundtruth, Beach Road Deli, The Perching Parrot and The Front Room Eatery, Waikanae Beach.
- Provide reliable community information
- Provide civil defence and other information in emergency and power cut situations
- Provide a platform for education for our youth
- Be the people’s voice, representing and promoting the diversity of our community, our needs, and the unique character of Paekakariki.
- Promote environmental awareness, in particular our native birdlife, flora and fauna
- Represent the concerns of local tangata whenua
- Share the community’s stories, histories and provide discussion of different views
- Develop, present and record local DJS, musicians, artists and writers, and prioritise locally produced content
- Entertain and stimulate
- Develop an oral history of the community
- Provide the facilities, advice, training and technical support for residents to create and broadcast their own radio programmes
- Establish and nurture mutual interests and relationships with other like minded communities and individuals, whether in the region, nationally or internationally.
Meets bi-monthly to assess all applications and report on activity, issues and planning
Chair: Renwick Wright
Secretary: Emma McLaughlin
Treasurer: Siggy Woolloff
Daniel Bar-Even (IT)
Mike Gibson (Studio equipment)
Pete Handford (transmission)
James Albertson (programming)